Contract: part time (25 hours per week, ideally spread over 5 days)
Salary: TBC depending on experience
Start date: ASAP
Tess Newall specialises in decorative interiors and hand-painted homewares. Operating from a creative workshop in East Sussex, Tess and her team create bespoke murals, hand-painted furniture and decorative homewares for both private and commercial clients, working alongside some of the worlds leading interior designers.
We are looking for someone highly motivated, organised and creatively minded to join our growing team. A new position within the business, our Studio Coordinator role offers an exciting opportunity to join the founding team, with huge scope to learn and progress within the business.
Whilst the team remains small, the role is broad and varied, requiring someone with excellent organisational skills, as well as good initiative and a keen eye for detail. Working closely with Tess, our Studio Manager and team of decorative painters, our Studio Coordinator will become an integral part of the team, establishing and running studio operations as the business enters an exciting period of growth.
The scope of this role includes, but is not limited to:
- Order fulfilment: managing orders across Tess Newall homewares and sister brand Pierrot Chairs. Ensuring a smooth process from orders received through to orders dispatched. Liaising with our warehouse and third party fulfilment team.
- Customer care: quickly answering all customer enquiries, corresponding closely with customers regarding their order status.
- Stock management: keeping track of product stock between our studio stock room, warehouse and online store. Liaising with suppliers to reorder stock when required.
- Managing trade customer accounts - onboarding and correspondence.
- Calendar management: tracking site jobs, studio jobs, and team calendars. Liaising closely with the team to ensure all calendars are up to date and all team members are informed.
- Managing logistics for site projects, workshops and brand collaborations.
- Working closely with our team of decorative painters to ensure all hand-painted orders, both Tess Newall homewares and Pierrot Chairs, are fulfilled correctly and delivered on time.
- Maintaining a clear digital filing system, including all shared documents, product and press images.
- Press liaison - collating press imagery and articles, delivering press releases.
- General office management: ensuring the studio runs smoothly by, for example, managing stationary and packaging stock.
Management of Accounts:
- Tracking all income and expenditure using our accounting software, Xero.
- Creating and submitting customer invoices and supplier purchase orders.
- Filing all accounting paperwork.
- Strong administration skills and a keen eye for detail
- Willingness to learn - the candidate need not have experience in all areas of the role, but must be quick to learn, with a resourceful ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written. This role relies on proficient communication between the studio team, clients and customers
- Teamwork - this role relies on working closely with all members of the team
- Creative thinking and focus - the role requires clear, independent thinking and initiative
- Multi tasking - this is a varied role and requires someone who is highly capable, able to manage a variety of tasks
- Excellent IT skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Candidates must be able to travel to the studio, based in a rural location east of Lewes
To apply for the position please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications must be received before 05.02.23