Contract: Full time
Salary: TBC depending on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Tess Newall specialises in decorative interiors and hand-painted homewares. Operating from a creative workshop in East Sussex, Tess and her team create bespoke murals, hand-painted furniture and decorative homewares for both private and commercial clients, working alongside some of the world's leading interior designers.
We are looking for a highly motivated Designer to join our growing team. Working from our studio in East Sussex, this is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of a highly creative team, providing support across all areas of the business including bespoke projects, product development and marketing.
The ideal applicant would be a skilled designer with 3-5 years' experience in a design-led role. The position is suited to someone comfortable working in a busy and fast paced studio, with a strong attention to detail and a proactive approach to all areas of design.
Working closely with Creative Director Tess and our design team to see creative briefs through from initial concept to completion, the scope of the role includes but is not limited to:
- Being present at all design meetings - for both bespoke mural projects and our growing range of homewares
- Assisting on initial concepts for creative briefs - image research, mock ups and design proposals to present to clients or suppliers
- Working on design development for bespoke briefs, e.g proposals for colour, pattern and composition
- Aiding product development through e.g design mock ups and colour proposals
- Creating all digital assets for the Tess Newall website, for example product cut-outs and lifestyle images prepared for upload
- Creating marketing materials where relevant, for example press releases and branding assets
- Managing our in-house image library and reference archive
- Strong organisational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Willingness to learn and a resourceful ‘can-do’ attitude
- Teamwork - this role relies on working closely with all members of the team
- Creative thinking and focus - the role requires clear, independent thinking and initiative
- Multi tasking - this is a varied role and requires someone who is highly capable, able to manage a variety of tasks, to time-pressured deadlines
- Excellent IT skills - a proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator is essential and ideally knowledge of InDesign and Premiere Pro or alternative video editing software
- A relevant degree in design and a minimum of 3-5 years' experience in a similar design-led role
- A keen interest in interiors and in-depth knowledge of the industry
- The role is studio based, 5 days a week and due to our rural location a car is essential
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and portfolio to email@example.com, clearly stating the job role in the subject of the email.
Applications must be received before 30.11.23
Regrettably, owing to the volume of applications, it will only be possible to contact successful applicants.