Bespoke Project Lead
Contract: Full Time
Salary: TBC depending on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Tess Newall specialises in decorative interiors. Operating from a creative workshop in East Sussex, Tess and her team create bespoke murals, hand-painted furniture and decorative homewares for both private and commercial clients, working with some of the world’s leading interior designers.
We are looking for someone highly organised, motivated and creatively minded to join our growing team.
The team is small so the role is busy and varied, requiring someone with excellent organisational skills, good initiative, proficient communication and a keen eye for detail. Working closely with Creative Director Tess, our design team and our team of decorative painters, our Bespoke Project Lead is integral to the smooth running of the business, responsible for managing our varied portfolio of bespoke projects as we enter an exciting period of growth.
The scope of the role includes but is not limited to:
- Managing all bespoke projects - murals and furniture - from initial enquiry to quoting, commissioning, design development and execution.
- Tracking all bespoke briefs, liaising closely with Creative Director Tess, our design and painting teams, our clients and suppliers to ensure all projects are completed efficiently and on time.
- Attending preliminary site visits.
- Managing all project timelines using collaborative calendars. Prioritising tasks and updating all team members on a regular basis.
- Working closely with our in-house creative team to develop designs - this includes submitting initial reference documents, communicating client feedback, creating mock ups and developing samples.
- Managing all logistics to ensure site projects run smoothly - this includes approving all designs, preparing team members, purchasing/ shipping materials and organising travel and accommodation where necessary.
- Collating all images and information relating to each project by maintaining a clear, well-organised online filing system.
- Managing all finances associated with our bespoke projects - drawing up quotes, issuing invoices, tracking expenses and reconciling payments.
- Experience of project management within the creative industries is essential, with a preference for those with interior design qualifications and/ or experience.
- Experience in interpreting architectural drawings would be helpful.
- Strong administration skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communication, both spoken and written.
- Teamwork - this role relies on working closely and collaboratively with all members of the team, to ensure the smooth-running of our bespoke projects.
- Creative thinking and focus - the role requires clear, independent thinking and initiative.
- The ideal candidate would be able to give suggestions and feedback on designs, with a broad knowledge of art and design references.
- An in-depth knowledge of the Interiors industry and interior trends is preferable.
- Multi-tasking - this is a varied role requiring management of multiple projects at once. It requires someone who is highly capable with the ability to manage a variety of tasks with a resourceful ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Good numeracy skills and experience working with accounting software such as Xero.
- Candidates must be available full time and be able to travel to the studio, based in a rural location near Lewes.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, clearly stating the job role in the subject of the email.
Applications must be received before 25.02.24
Regrettably, owing to the volume of applications, it will only be possible to contact successful applicants.