Sales and Operations Coordinator
Contract: Full Time
Salary: TBC depending on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Tess Newall specialises in decorative interiors and hand-painted homewares. Operating from a creative workshop in East Sussex, Tess and her team create bespoke murals, hand-painted furniture and decorative homewares for both private and commercial clients, working alongside some of the world’s leading interior designers.
We are looking for someone highly motivated, organised and creatively minded. A key position within the business, our Sales and Operations Coordinator role offers an exciting opportunity to join our growing team, with scope to learn and progress within the business.
Whilst the team remains small, the role is busy and varied, requiring someone with excellent organisational skills, as well as good initiative and a keen eye for detail. Working closely with Creative Director Tess, our design team, and team of decorative painters, our Sales and Operations Coordinator is integral to the smooth running of the business, managing logistics as we enter an exciting period of growth.
The scope of this role includes but is not limited to:
Webshop Management and Trade Orders:
- Order fulfilment: liaising closely with our warehouse, painting studio and third-party fulfilment team to ensure all orders are delivered correctly and on time. Tracking orders and resolving shipping issues where necessary.
- Customer care: promptly answering all customer enquiries, including order status updates and any product queries.
- Stock management: keeping track of product stock between our studio stock room, warehouse and online store. Liaising with suppliers to reorder stock when required.
- Managing trade customer accounts: onboarding and correspondence.
- Managing trade customer sales: invoicing and arranging delivery of goods.
Managing retail and trade price lists.
- Shipping liaison: being the main point of contact for all shipping and logistics enquiries. Checking and filing shipping invoices.
- Maintaining a clear digital filing system, including all shared documents, product and press images.
- Creating and submitting customer invoices and supplier purchase orders.
- General office management: ensuring the studio runs smoothly by, for example, managing stationary and packaging stock.
- Creating and updating website pages including product, project and press pages.
- Strong administration skills and a keen eye for detail
- Willingness to learn - the candidate need not have experience in all areas of the role, but must be quick to learn, with a resourceful ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written. This role relies on proficient communication between the studio team, clients, and customers
- Teamwork - this role relies on working closely with all members of the team
- Creative thinking and focus - the role requires clear, independent thinking and initiative
- Multi-tasking - this is a varied role and requires someone who is highly capable, able to manage a variety of tasks
- Excellent IT skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Knowledge of eCommerce software is preferable
- A keen interest in interiors and experience working within the creative industries is preferable
- Candidates must be able to travel to the studio, based in a rural location east of Lewes
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating the job role in the subject of the email.
Applications must be received before 30.11.23
Regrettably, owing to the volume of applications, it will only be possible to contact successful applicants.